Thursday, April 28, 2011

part four

12:00PM-2:30PMaltering patterns
03:30PM-05:00PMaltering patterns
TOTAL HOURS: 2:30+1:30= approx. 4 hours

I finally finished altering the pattern pieces, and I’m hoping that it’ll work out.

Because I don’t thoroughly understand how theses pieces will transform itself into a dress, I couldn’t alter the patterns with as much precision as I would have liked to which meant I couldn’t be as economical with my fabric as much as I would have liked. I wasn’t sure if I had purchased enough fabric because I had actually bought the fabric before I bought the pattern... oops.

I laid both the patterns and fabric on the floor and saw that my newly enlarged pattern was about 2 inches too wide to fit on the width of the folded fabric, but then I realized I could cut the front center hem straight down (lobbing off a the flared edge) because I wanted the front hem to fall straight to the ground. I’m hoping this will work. That piece now fits onto the fabric but the other one still does not, which means I’ll have to unfold the fabric and cut out two pieces separately as inefficient and time consuming as that may be.

I exaggerated the v-neck of the front, and I also tried to turn the back into a low back v-neck as well. We’ll see how that works out.

I also steamed half of the lining fabric so that the pattern falls flatter on it. I steamed it and left the cutting for Monday so my hands could have a little rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment